14-day Home Trial
Buying a new instrument is a big decision. Buying instruments online can be tricky and we understand you want to make sure you’re getting the right instrument for you. For this reason, Oslo Hardanger Fiddles has decided to give each of our customers an extended 14-day Home Trial during which they can return any instrument or bow that they are not happy with - no questions asked!
How does it work?
- The 14-day Home Trial begins once you receive your instrument, whether in person or at home.
- Before the period ends, you must inform us via email that you would like to return the instrument.
- The instrument must be sent back to Oslo Hardanger Fiddles within the 14-day period. We will inform you when we have received the instrument.
- Once the instrument is received undamaged and in the same condition as it was bought, we issue a full refund within 14 days. Refunds are issued to your original form of payment only.
- Return shipping costs are paid by the customer
Eligibility of returns:
How to return an instrument
- Instruments must not be damaged and must be returned in the same condition in which the instrument was bought. There must be no signs of wear or abuse.
- All materials that were originally included with the product, including cases, steps, strings, and certificates of authenticity, or any other item originally sent with the instrument, must be returned.
- Any modification to the instrument (changing of strings, moving or changing bridge or sound post, etc.), whether it is done by you, a luthier or another third party, will void eligibility for the return
- The extended 14-day Home Trial only applies to all products. Please note that we do not give any refunds on strings or rosin if they have been opened or used.
- Please note: If the strings have been heavily played or the bow hair is dirty and worn down, then the strings and/or hair will be replaced at your expense.
- The instrument must be packed in the same way that it was sent to you. Once you receive your instrument, please take a photo of how it was packaged for your own records. Keep all of the original packaging that we sent with the violin so that you can use it again.
- Once the instrument is safely packed, please put a copy of the original invoice in the package and send the package to:
c/o Alex Carroll
Thorleif Haugs vei 9
We prefer that you use PostNord, DHL, UPS or FedEx express mail, although national mail services are allowed. If you are returning the product from within Norway, you may also use the Norgesposten option from Posten.
Be sure that the shipping type is marked as ‘return of goods’. If you are returning an instrument from outside Norway, please complete the customs forms carefully, accurately and completely. Any import fees that were charged in Norway due to incorrectly completed import declarations or procedures must be borne by the customer.
If you have any questions or need any help, please contact us here.